Monday, July 4, 2011

New Deborah Crombie coming soon

No Mark Upon Her
Coming out in the US: February 2012
http://www.deborahcrombie.com/

I'm really looking forward to it. Her previous outings with Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James, police procedurals set in the UK were enjoyable and the setting so convincing you'd never know that Crombie is a Texan. She does spend a lot of time in the UK. Good stuff.

As I point out in a previous post, she explores many different parts of London in her novels ~ http://hitormystery.blogspot.com/2010/03/deborah-crombie-cant-believe-she-lives.html.

And here's an article by Ms. Crombie where she explains what areas of London her novels explore and how she feels about it:
Http://www.mysteryreaders.org/Issues/london1.html#crombie 

I kind of agree but  never figured out a way to spend half my time in the UK. I'll have to write my own novel set on the Ridgeway or do something complicated with the Thames or tides like in Sayers' Have His Carcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment