Sunday, March 11, 2012

Communication Breakdown

Breakdown
Sara Paretsky
2012
Putnam

The new V.I. Warshawski novel is quite a wild ride from beginning to end. V.I. must rescue a group of teenage girls when their ritual worshipping of a fictional raven girl (kind of a twilight-like fictional series) at a cemetery turns deadly. As usual, V.I. must risk her life and livelihood and those of all of her friends to cheese off a bunch of people. There are some right wing media types who are completely despicable, including making up lies about a holocaust survivor. V.I. does not pull any punches. Those to the right of center are either evil or corrupt. The more liberal tend to be idiots and hypocrites. Altogether I found it quite enjoyable and fast paced, if a bit predictable and far too simplistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment